Need to bump up your PR efforts in the social media arena? Try these five tips provided by Mashable’s Leyl Master Black:
1. Anticipate and Join Twitter Conversations. Instead of just posting links to your brand content, engage with others by asking and replying to questions, following interesting people and using relevant #hashtags before, during and after big events that the masses are watching.
2. Write Tweetable Press Release Headlines. They should be short and punchy with the company or product name toward the beginning.
3. Turn Your Blog Into a Social News Wire. A blog is a great way to share information with the media that wouldn’t normally end up in a press release.
4. Develop Social News Backgrounders. Try using sites like Delicious where reporters can go to get background information you couldn’t include in an email or phone call.
5. Use News Aggregation Services. Keeping Facebook and Twitter feeds updated with news relevant to your business can be time-consuming. To help with that, try a blog aggregation tool such as Netvibes.
Read more at Mashable.